Friday, September 17, 2010


The boys and I have re-discovered Pippi Longstocking. I loved her as a child, I think I love her even more as an adult.

Why?
I think she would welcome Jesus with all of her heart and usher him in for pancakes. He wouldn't blink at Horse on the verandah or Mr Nillson dangling from the kitchen beams. He would smile at her upfrontness and her blunders. She would grow sweeter and less self-consumed in His company. He would understand her eagerness to see her father again. For He knew that feeling too.

So you see, there is something about Pippi that I love - there is a freedom and freshness in her that reminds me that He came to me to set me free. Free from sin and self. Free to serve and live.

I'd like to take a page out of Pippi's book and learn to enjoy each day as a gift. A gift from my Father.

(and if you aren't a Pippi-enthusiast - Villa Villekula is the house where Pippi is waiting for her father who has been lost at sea. His last words to her as he was swept off their boat was "See you at Villa Villekula!")

No comments:

Post a Comment